Wednesday 11 November 2015

Beneful Medley Dog Food Sachets



This free sample was provided by Home Tester Club

Being a Pet owner I'm always on the look out for new products and things to try to give my furry friends something different. Although I don't normally feed sachets to my dogs I was happy to try it out anyway.  The new range has 6 different flavour - My pets tried out the Beef, carrot barley spinach and also the Lamb, tomato and spinach flavour.

Initially I was very disappointed with the size of the pack (Seriously the single serve sachets I buy for my cat are bigger and have more content to them). My dogs also seemed disappoint - and for large dogs like my German Koolie, the sachet was no more than half a mouth-full for him and he was looking around for more. The Dogs obviously liked the flavour and spent time licking up all of the gravy in the bowls, but they were definitely looking for more food and still hungry after just the single sachet.

When I opened the sachet and put it in my dogs bowls, I was expecting to see lots of veggies and meat, but I was very disappointed to find that it was mostly gravy with not much solid feed to satisfy any animal.
The website for Purina - the makers of Beneful medley recommencement 1 pouch per day per kilogram of dog body weight. For a 10kg dog like mine this would be a recommended 10 sachets a day - and when they cost around $1.29ea on sale from supermarkets like Woolworths this works out to be aprox $13 just for a single feed! Definitely not economical or cost effective.


Verdict
These sachet sizes are more suited to small dogs - and do not have enough content inside the sachet to completely feed even a small dog, you will also need to feed something else with this. With the feeding recommendation of 1 sachet (aprox $1.29ea) per 1 kg of weight on your dog - This makes it a very expensive way to feed your dog. I definitely will not be switching to this product if only because of the astronomical cost involved with feeding this item.

No comments:

Post a Comment