Thursday 9 April 2015

Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream.


I was sent this sample from Pinchme.
The first thing I do when looking at or using a new hand cream its to give it a bit of a sniff. Opening the tube and giving a cautious sniff found that there isn't much of a scent to this product. The smell is slightly bland, and has no more smell than your average face cream.
The next thing I look at is the colour and texture; The Norwegian formula has a cloudy white colour, and the texture feels quite gooey and its quite a thick formula compared to normal hand creams, which was a bit of a surprise.
I rubbed it into my hands, and to be honest, it felt a little odd. It didn't feel like it was rubbing in properly or absorbing into my skin. It also left a bit of a greasy film on everything I touched for the next half hour. and half an hour on, my hands still felt quite gooey. I decided that instead of using this during the day like a would a normal hand cream I would use it at night, where I didn't need to worry about touching things and getting them greasy. (Un-stacking my dishwasher and all my glasses got greasy prints on them, not so nice)

I found that using this product at night was more beneficial and allowed the cream to sink in to my skin. (wasn't rubbing it off touching everything.) It did make a huge different to how my skin felt and made my skin much softer, but just isn't practical for every day use. So going out on a whim, I decided to use the Norwegian formula on my cracked and dry heels. I rubbed a generous amount of it on my heels after showering, and before bed then covered it up with socks. After about 3 days I can say that my heels didn't even look the same. they were smooth and without cracks, and generally nice to touch. So in trialing a hand cream I actually found a solution to dry cracked heels!

Verdict: Not great for general every day use. Works best used at night, (so you dont leave greasy fingerprints everywhere). Works especially well on severely dry cracked skin such as the heels of the feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment